News & Advice
The AccountNow Card is a prepaid card that functions more like a debit card or a gift card than a traditional credit card. It is available as a classic Visa or MasterCard as well as a Visa Gold card with differences in their level of service and in their individual fees. As you learn more about the card you will be able to find which version of the card best fits your needs.
No matter which version of the card you choose, it can be used just like a credit card to make purchases online or over the phone that cannot be done with a check or cash. It can be utilized anywhere Visa or MasterCard is accepted and can also be used to make hotel reservations, reserve airline tickets, or even pay your bills. Many satisfied cardholders refer to it as their online checking account because it can be used for almost every purchase and financial transaction you make but with the convenience of a plastic card.
Getting your hands on this card is easy and using it is even simpler. After filling out the short application and receiving your personalized card in the mail, simply deposit money into your online account. As long as there is a balance you will be able to shop without the risk of overspending. Since it is a prepaid card you will never accrue overdraft charges or spend more than your budget allows.
The Gold Visa Card and Classic Visa Card are issued by The Bancorp Bank and Metabank with a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Prepaid MasterCard card is issued by MetaBank with license from MasterCard International, Inc.
Direct Deposit Bonus
No Activation Fee
Purchase Rewards Program
$ 0 - $ 9.95
Any - No Credit Check
Frequently Asked Questions
As long as you have money to spend, are 14 years of age or older, and can verify your identity you can apply for an AccountNow Prepaid Card. Simply fill out the online form with your name, a physical address (no P.O. boxes), date of birth, and a valid social security number and you'll receive your card within 5-7 days, 100% approval guaranteed. The most common customers who choose this card are those who:
- have no credit or bad credit
- want to control their spending
- do not qualify for a credit card
- do not have a bank account
- have never had an opportunity to establish credit
- currently in ChexSystems
- want to avoid debt
Many people find themselves in financial difficulties due to loss of a job, overspending, or the inability to budget their money wisely. When this happens it can be difficult to qualify for a credit card or to get a bank account that does not charge outrageous fees. That is not the case with this card.
With no credit check or credit history to report, you'll be approved no matter what. On the other hand, the only way to use the card is to preload it with your own money. Once that deposit runs out your card will no longer be accepted.
There are lots of reasons to choose the AccountNow Card for your wallet. Not only does it provide choices for the type of card you want, but it is also straight forward in its use with no hidden fees. It can be utilized for everything from store purchases, to online transactions, or even to send a check or pay your bills online. Before you decide on the card you want in your wallet read on to learn some of the great benefits and features this card has to offer.
- 100% Guaranteed Approval
- FDIC-insured up to $250,000
- No minimum balance to maintain in your account
- Online bill pay can be set up for recurring or one time payments
- Protection from fraud, theft, or unauthorized charges with Visa's and MasterCard's Zero Liability Coverage
Rewards – The more you use your card, the more rewards you earn. The rewards you receive are in the form of special offers that are based on the types of purchases you most frequently make. Just follow these easy steps.
- Log into your online account
- Look for offers on the transactions page
- Shop at the places listed that have active offers
- Earn cash back in your account
- NO monthly fee – Never a fee with a classic card. With a Gold card the $9.95 monthly fee is waived as long as $2,500 is deposited in your account each month.
- Earn a $25 Cash Bonus when you sign up for Direct Deposit
- Online check writing - can be used to send payments to anyone in the U.S.
- Been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau since 2006
The Account Now Card does come with an initial activation fee that only needs to be paid once. After that there are never any overdraft charges or high interest rates to worry about paying. Like most other prepaid cards there are some fees associated with certain transactions and card activity. However you will find that these fees are minimal compared to many other available cards.
Since there are several options for the type of card you can get there are also varying fees for each card. Fees also vary depending on whether the cardholder chooses to use the direct deposit service or not. You will need to assess your individual financial situation and how often you will use the card before choosing the plan that is best for you. The Gold Card is recommended if you plan to use the card frequently while the classic card is best for occasional use.
Classic Visa or MasterCard
Gold Visa with Direct Deposit
Gold Visa without Direct Deposit
|Online Bill Pay||None||None||None|
|Customer Service Call||$1.00||None||$1.00|
|Additional Card||1 free/year or $10||1 free/year or $10||1 free/year or $10|
|Check sent for Closure||$15.95||$15.95||$15.95|
*This fee is waived if depositing $2,500 or more each month
When you have the AccountNow Card in your wallet the only way to take full advantage of its benefits is to make sure you always have enough funds loaded into your account. While there will never be overdraft fees or bounced checks to take care of it is important to have enough funds to make sure your bills are paid on time and you have enough to cover the whole cart of groceries.
It is easy to manage your account online any time of the day. You can track your spending, set up recurring bill payments, use your rewards, and check your balance all from the easy to use website. You can also set up your account to alert you via text message if your account balance is getting low.
There are several simple and convenient ways to load money onto your card:
- Direct Deposit – This is the easiest way to have instant access to your money. Simply fill out the needed form with your AccountNow card number and give it to your employer. Your weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly paycheck will be sent straight to your account and be ready for spending that day. There is no fee to pay and you can even earn $25 for adding this service to your account.
- Green Dot MoneyPak – These can be purchased at participating retail locations including Walmart, K-Mart or Walgreens. You will have to pay a $4.95 fee for using the MoneyPak. All you need to do is give the cashier the amount you want deposited then enter the numbers from the card into your online account.
- Cash – There are several retail locations that you can simply hand them your cash, give your account number, and they will make an electronic deposit into your account instantly. You can utilize this service for a small fee at places such as Western Union locations or Visa ReadyLink partners.