News & Advice
8 Benefits of Green Dot Prepaid Debit Cards!
A Green Dot prepaid debit card is for anybody who wants the benefits of a regular bank card without having to worry about the cons, such as overdraft fees. This prepaid card is becoming more and more popular as word gets out about how convenient it is to have. It’s also very easy to use. You can choose whether you want a Visa or MasterCard, and once you receive it in the mail, you can use it at any place that accepts Visa or MasterCard debit cards.
Here are a few benefits of having this type of prepaid card:
- It can be reloaded over and over again. You can reload the card with money either online or at a number of retailers across the globe.
- The number of retailers that are accepting Green Dot prepaid debit cards is growing: eBay, Wal-Mart, restaurants, airlines, car rental companies, hotels, Rite Aid, gas stations, etc.
- Should you decide that you need some cash after loading it onto your card, you can easily get it back. You’ll be able to make ATM withdrawals at over 15,000 locations around the world.
- No penalties or overdraft fees! Don’t you hate it when you forget about automatic payments and you end up overdrafting with your checking account? Banks usually charge a hefty fee for that. Green Dot does not. If you have insufficient funds, your transactions won’t go through. This means no penalties.
- If you do want the automatic payment to go through because of bills, and don’t want to be penalized by the creditor or company, then you can quickly add more money to your card. The process is very simple and quick.
- You don’t have to link your card to a checking account. Because of this, you won’t have to worry about identity theft in the event that it’s stolen or lost. Thus, it’s safer to carry around than other debit cards and credit cards.
- Unlike with other prepaid debit cards, you won’t be required to keep a minimum balance. All of the money will be available to you at all times. You can reload it anytime. If you use all of the money up, you won’t have to worry about the account being closed.
- It’s very easy to manage your account. Just sign up online and you’ll be able to access all of the information regarding the balance and transactions! You can monitor your purchases. Should your card be stolen or lost, you can easily report it missing and request a new one.
Clearly, getting a Green Dot prepaid debit card is a smart decision. The only thing that is required from you is to be at least eighteen and have a valid address and social security number. You don’t need a checking account or good credit history. In fact, there are no credit checks involved in the application process!