News & Advice
Adding Money to Your Walmart MoneyCard
Now there's no reason to run out of funds on your prepaid card. With Walmart MoneyCard, you have six easy ways to add money. Read more and get details about the 6 ways you can add money to this popular and functional prepaid card. Then choose the best option for you. It's so simple you can do it while you're at the store to get groceries without even having to make an extra stop.
- Load your Walmart MoneyCard using cash. Go to any participating Walmart store and swipe your card at their register. There is a $3 reload fee. Loadable amount is from $20 to $1,100.
- Bring your eligible pre-printed payroll or government benefit check to a Walmart store and load all or part of it to your MoneyCard. Allowed amount for loading is from $20 to $2,999. There is a check cashing fee of $3 for checks worth up to $1,000 and a maximum $6 fee for checks worth up to $5000. Check cashing is not available in New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island.
- Add money by direct deposit and save on fees. Loading money through recurring direct deposit is free and you can load your entire paycheck or part of it to your MoneyCard. You get your money on payday, not later. There are no check cashing fees and no lost or stolen checks. Convenient, economical and safe – what's not to like with direct deposit?
There is a $10 bonus if you enroll in direct deposit. This offer is good for a limited time online. Log on to www.walmartmoneycard.com for details.
- Use online bank transfer to add money to your Walmart MoneyCard. For same day transfer, load via your bank debit card and the money is available on the same day. Allowed amount is $200 per day and there is a $2.95 reload fee.
For standard transfer, load money online from your bank's website. The money will be available in 1-3 business days. There is no reload fee but some banks charge a service fee.
- Add funds to your Walmart MoneyCard using the Green Dot MoneyPak or Cash Reload. Go to a participating Walmart store or any Green Dot retailer. Buy the MoneyPak or Cash Reload card for $4.95 and give the cash you want to load to the cashier. Then log on to WalmartMoneyCard.com or call 1-800-GREENDOT to initiate reload.
- Add money to your card using the Walmart MoneyCenter Express. They are found at Walmart stores near Customer Service and at Walmart MoneyCenter stalls. They are similar to bank ATMs where you can withdraw money, except that these MCX kiosks allow you to check your balance and buy money orders and phone cards. To load your card, deposit the amount into your account following the instructions at the MoneyCenter Express. There is a $3 loading fee.
The Walmart MoneyCard is issued by MasterCard and Visa and is accepted in all establishments that honor the MasterCard and Visa debit cards. You can also use it for online purchases and bill payment.